Hello everybody. I have visited Hong Kong several times for rooftopping. But this was for sure my last visit to Hong Kong for visiting high rooftops in the center of Hong Kong. On this trip I have experienced a lot of crazy stuff from drug dealers to getting caught by the police a few times. So let’s start! I decided to book a really cheap hostel in the Chungking Mansions (Tsim Sha Tsui) for only 21 US-Dollar for one day. I think everybody who lives in Hong Kong knows that the Chungking Mansions are a place for drugs and cheap probably stolen electronics stuff.
2. I also went to the rooftop of the Chung King Mansion in the early morning. The building is divided in different blocks. If you want to go to the rooftop make sure to go to block B.
4. Since 2 years I wanted to climb the Central Plaza in Hong Kong. And I finally made it to the rooftop of the building. At the 75 floor is a church (Sky City Church) that is only opened on sundays. Since a few people have been to the rooftop it was nearly impossible to get to the rooftop or to the spire of the building. But I tricked the securitys and made it to the rooftop. I also wanted to climb the spire on my last day but at the entrance of the church I was recognized by the securitys.
6. The rooftop height is 309m and it is the highest church in the world. (Andrej Ciesielski)
7. I also had a one day visit in Shenzhen.
8. Rooftop of a government building.
9. Shangri-La Hotel is one of the most expensive hotels in Hong Kong. You can enjoy one night in the hotel for 541 US-Dollar.
11. I have learned one thing in Hong Kong. Never go to hotel roofs. Most hotels have new alarm systems with motion sensors on the rooftop door. And they will always call the police if they catch you.
12. I stayed on the government rooftop until the night to make some night shots of the central and the Bank Of China. I have to say that I never had such an amazing view on the Bank Of China.
14. Next to the Bank Of China you can see the building called ICBC.
15. Lippo Centre a really nice architecture.
19. Rooftop of the ICBC bank. I got caught after 5 minutes on the rooftop. Some people saw me sitting on the edge and they thought that somebody want to jump from the building. When I wanted to leave the roof around 10 firefighters came running towards me. They checked my bags and everything called the police and let me go. During my visit I got caught by the police five times. The police will never arrest tourists or give you a penalty. Calling the police for trespassing serves only for security.
20. The Oakhill in WanChai is one of the most expensive residential buildings in Hong Kong. If you have the money you can rent a flat for 43.000 US-Dollar a month.
24. (Andrej Ciesielski)
26. I think you can guess which building the Central Plaza is.
30. (Andrej Ciesielski) Picture by my friend drhowser
33. (Andrej Ciesielski)
That’s it for now but stay tuned because I will travel through Europe at the end of July for 1 month. If you want to stay updated check out my Facebook page for more! Thank you for your attention.